I have never been one to set hard and fast ‘New Year’s Resolutions’ but I have decided to set goals for myself this year, specifically a set of knitting goals.
While each goal is relatively easy and attainable, I feel that as a whole they will require drive and dedication to obtain. I will freely admit that while I love to knit, I am extremely bad about getting distracted by life and letting a project sit for several days, weeks, months, and in some cases, even years. This is why I set knitting goals, to keep myself focused.
- Participate (and complete) in the Box o Sox 2017 KAL and honestly, I would love to surpass the minimum number of Socks. I want to knit ALL the socks.
- Knit minimum of one adult garment. Top contender for this goal is the Bamboo Shell by Purl Soho.
- Start two ‘Cozy Memory’ blankets. The idea is to start a fingering/sock weight blanket for the scraps of yarn that I love and adore but to also start a worsted/aran weight blanket that will likely be gifted to my little sister in the future.
- Use up older stash yarn that has been sitting in a bin for ages (using the projects above and various others sitting in my Ravelry Queue).
A somewhat related goal is to keep my Ravelry page up-to-date for Projects, Stash, and Needles.
A few other goals for this year that are not related to knitting:
- Read at least 12 books (ideally, a lot more but going to be realistic with myself).
- Hand make half (at minimum) of my Christmas Gifts for this year.
- Track water and food intake as well as exercise – ideally lose weight but not going to pressure myself with numbers.
How will I track my progress of these goals? Not sure yet but currently, my progress so far relates only to knitting goals – I have almost completed my first pair of socks for the Box o Sox KAL. 🙂